India China Face-Off in Ladakh: All Updates
At least 20 Indian soldiers, including a Colonel, were martyred during a "violent face-off" with Chinese forces along the Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh on Monday night, the Indian Army confirmed Tuesday. As the tension is mounting along the borders, India Blooms brings all latest updates
All Indian soldiers involved in Ladakh clash with Chinese military accounted for: Army officials18 Jun 2020, 01:27 pm
The Army officials on Thursday said all the Indian soldiers who were involved in a deadly clash with the Chinese military at Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on Jun 15 night have now been accounted for, media reports said.
The clarification came amid the reports claiming several Indian soldiers are still in the custody of the Chinese Army.
Not delving deeper into the release of the Indian soldiers by the Chinese custody, the Army said as quoted by media, "It is clarified that there are no Indian troops missing in action."
India, China agreed to handle border situation in responsible manner: S Jaishankar18 Jun 2020, 06:20 am
Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said in a statement, "As we have conveyed earlier today External Affairs Minister and the State Councillor and Foreign Minister of China had a phone conversation on recent developments in Ladakh.
"Both sides have agreed that the overall situation should be handled in a responsible manner and that the understandings reached between Senior Commanders on 6th June should be implemented sincerely. Making exaggerated and untenable claims is contrary to this understanding."
Watch PM Narendra Modi's statement on India-China standoff here17 Jun 2020, 10:41 am
India Home Minister mourns death of Indian soldiers17 Jun 2020, 10:34 am
The pain of losing our brave soldiers while protecting our motherland at Ladakh’s Galwan can not be put in words. Nation salutes our immortal heroes who sacrificed their lives to keep Indian territory safe and secure. Their bravery reflects India’s commitment towards her land.— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) June 17, 2020
China, India in close communication, says FM Wang Yi17 Jun 2020, 10:31 am
Day after major escalation between two South Asian neighbours India and China, Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Wednesday said that both the countries are in close communication on resolving border issues.
"China and India are in close communication on resolving relevant issues through both diplomatic and military channels", Global times quoted Wang as saying.
Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian, meanwhile, said, "From the Chinese side, we do not wish to see more clashes."
Tensions have enveloped the whole South Asian region after nearly 60 Army personnel, 20 from India and 35 from China, lost their lives in a skirmish at Ladakh's Galwan valley.
Earlier on Tuesday, India accused China of failing to adhere scrupulously to the June 6 agreement reached between senior military officials of the two countries for de-escalation of the situation in Eastern Ladakh where troops from both the sides have been involved in a face-off since early May.
While a Chinese military spokesperson said that the Indian side should strictly restrain their frontline troops and return to the correct track of dialogue and negotiations to resolve the differences.
India wants peace but if instigated can befittingly reply: PM Modi on violent standoff with China17 Jun 2020, 10:28 am
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday broke his silence on the violent standoff between India and Chinese soldiers which led to the death of 20 security personnel and said his nation wants peace but if instigated then the country has the capacity to give befitting reply.
In his strong message, Modi said the sacrifice of the Indian soldiers during the clash with Chinese troops at Galwan Valley in Ladakh would not go in vain.
PM Modi calls all-party meeting17 Jun 2020, 08:04 am
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called an all-party meeting to discuss situation in the India-China border at 5 pm on Jun 19.
In order to discuss the situation in the India-China border areas, Prime Minister @narendramodi has called for an all-party meeting at 5 PM on 19th June. Presidents of various political parties would take part in this virtual meeting.— PMO India (@PMOIndia) June 17, 2020
Loss of soldiers in Galwan deeply disturbing and painful: Rajnath Singh17 Jun 2020, 07:29 am
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday said the loss of soldiers in the Galwan Valley of Eastern Ladakh during a face-off between India and China was "deeply disturbing and painful."
Singh tweeted, "The loss of soldiers in Galwan is deeply disturbing and painful. Our soldiers displayed exemplary courage and valour in the line of duty and sacrificed their lives in the highest traditions of the Indian Army."
"The Nation will never forget their bravery and sacrifice. My heart goes out to the families of the fallen soldiers. The nation stand shoulder to shoulder with them in this difficult hour. We are proud of the bravery and courage of India’s breavehearts."
The Nation will never forget their bravery and sacrifice. My heart goes out to the families of the fallen soldiers. The nation stand shoulder to shoulder with them in this difficult hour. We are proud of the bravery and courage of India’s breavehearts.— Rajnath Singh (@rajnathsingh) June 17, 2020
The Chinese came with iron rods and bamboo with nails: Sources on India-China clash in Ladakh17 Jun 2020, 07:28 am
The Chinese soldiers came with iron rods and bamboo with nails and encircled Indian soldiers who fought valiantly leading to martyrdom of 20 personnel on the Indian side and heavy casualty on the Chinese side, sources confirmed IBNS on the clash in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh. A fierce hand-to-hand fighting raged on ground zero and the death toll could be more than 20 as many are seriously injured.
The sources claimed 43 deaths on the Chinese side. The Chinese toll was also confirmed by ANI though there is no corroboration officially from China except that it was a violent faceoff. Another report quoting US Intelligence said 35 Chinese soldiers were killed.
According IBNS sources, the PLA (Peoples Liberation Army) attacked Indian soldiers, including officers, JCOs. There was no firing in the battle.
According to reports from the Military Hospital Leh (153GH) many of the bodies of the Indian soldiers were mutilated.
Sources said over 100 Indian soldiers were wounded though the exact figure is not yet confirmed.
Restrain frontline troops, resort to dialogue: Chinese military tells India17 Jun 2020, 07:27 am
A Chinese military spokesperson on Tuesday said that Indian side should strictly restrain their frontline troops and return to the correct track of dialogue and negotiations to resolve the differences, Xinhua reported.
Zhang Shuili, spokesperson for the Western Theater Command of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) made these remarks in response to a fierce physical fight that broke out between the Chinese and Indian Army on Monday.
The statement was published by the official Weibo account of the PLA Daily.
"The Indian troops had violated their promises and once again crossed the Line of Actual Control for illegal activities, and deliberately provoked and attacked the Chinese forces, thus triggering fierce physical conflicts between the two sides and causing casualties," said Zhang.
"We demand that the Indian side strictly restrain its frontline troops, immediately stop all infringement and provocative actions, and work together with China to return to the correct track of dialogue and negotiations to resolve the differences," said Zhang.