April 11, 2021 14:36 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Telangana writes to Centre flagging Covid-19 vaccine shortage | UP govt restricts gatherings at religious places amid Covid surge | India records biggest Covid single-day spike with 1,52,879 fresh cases | Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee to visit violence-hit Cooch Behar on Apr 14, says 'nothing can stop me' | PM Mod's call for mass vaccination-a 4-day 'Tika Utsav'-commences today
Quetta hospital blast: At least 53 casualties reported

Quetta hospital blast: At least 53 casualties reported

India Blooms News Service | | 08 Aug 2016, 02:44 pm
Quetta, Pakistan, Aug 8 (IBNS): The casualties in the Quetta civil hospital explosion have risen to 53, while 57 others are reportedly injured, media reports said.

Geo News reported that the blast took place inside a civil hospital premises, after the body of Balochistan Bar Association President Bilal Kasi was brought to the emergency department.

Kasi was shot at Mano Road on Monday morning.

Former Balochistan Bar President Baz Muhammad Kakar was also fatally wounded in the attack, reports said.

A state of emergency has been declared in Quetta hospitals.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.

The attack was condemned by Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who was quoted in the media as saying, "No one will be allowed to disrupt the peace of the province."

Meanwhile,  following the explosion, Balochistan Chief Minister Sanaullah Zehri said that Indian intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) is behind the ghastly attack, reports said.

Speaking to Geo News, Zehri said that the explosion was a suicide attack.

Zehri was quoted by the media as saying, "We will not bow down before terrorists."