October 30, 2020 22:48 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Pakistan: Protesters attempt to storm French Embassy in Islamabad, police fire teargas | Eyes on 2021 poll, BJP chief JP Nadda to visit West Bengal again on Nov 6 | EC revokes Kamal Nath's star campaigner status over 'repeated violations' ahead of MP by-polls | LeT behind killing of 3 Kashmir BJP workers, vehicle used by militants seized: IGP | Kashmir: Hideout busted in Rajouri, Chinese pistols, explosive, other arms recovered
Pakistan condemns terror attack in Kabul city

Pakistan condemns terror attack in Kabul city

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 25 Dec 2018, 12:32 pm

Islamabad, Dec 25 (IBNS):  Pakistan on Tuesday 'strongly condemned' the shooting and suicide attack at a government building in Kabul that left over 43 people dead.

"We express our deepest sympathies and condolences to the bereaved families and pray for the recovery of the injured. Pakistan stands together with the government and people of Afghanistan in this hour of grief," Pakistan's Foreign Office said in a statement.

"We also reiterate our solidarity with Afghanistan in their fight against the common enemy of terrorism," it said.

At least 43 people were killed as terrorists attacked a government building in Afghanistan's Kabul city, media reports said Tuesday.

No militant group has yet claimed the attack.

Another 10 people were injured.

Kabul police spokesman Basir Mujahid told Pajhwok Afghan News the attack in the 16th police district started unfolding at around 3 pm and the assailants first exploded an explosive-laden car near the Ministry of Public Works and then entered the nearby National Authority for People with Disabilities and Martyrs’ Families.

The attackers took the government employees as hostages for several hours.

Security forces and the attackers exchanged gunfires.

Mujahid told the Afghanistan-based news agency that the gunmen entered the government building after the car bombing and the exchange of fire continued as of 8 pm. 

An eyewitness told the news agency the gun-battle began after two powerful blasts.