Turkey: Istanbul's Istiklal Avenue reopened for public
Istanbul: Istanbul's Istiklal Avenue, the site of Sunday's deadly blast, has been reopened to the public, media reports said on Monday.
The blast left six people dead and 81 others hurt.
Benches were removed from the street, which is now being patrolled by police, reports TRT World.
Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said the suspect who planted the bomb which exploded in Istanbul's busy Istiklal Street on Sunday, which left six people dead and over 80 others hurt, has been detained.
"The person who planted the bomb was detained by the Istanbul Police Department. Before that, about 21 more people had been detained," Soylu was quoted as saying by TRT World.
Turkish Health Minister Fahrettin Koca told TRT World 39 out of 81 people who were wounded during the suspected terror attack were discharged from the hospital.
“Five of the 42 wounded are in the intensive care unit, two of them in critical condition,” Koca said.
The blast occurred at around 4:20 pm local time.
Security personnel and emergency service providers rushed to the spot after the blast.