May 22, 2024 20:05 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP suspends Bhojpuri actor Pawan Singh for contesting as an Independent candidate from Bihar's Karakat | Supreme Court dismisses former Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren's plea against ED arrest in land scam case | Pune accident: Porsche that ran over two was not registered over non-payment | Delhi woman minister smiling maligning my character: Swati Maliwal's fresh salvo against AAP | Supreme Court rejects batch of pleas seeking review of Article 370 verdict
Islamic State claims responsibility for Quetta blast, Haraza community people continue protest

Islamic State claims responsibility for Quetta blast, Haraza community people continue protest

| @indiablooms | 14 Apr 2019, 12:45 pm

Islamabad, Apr 14 (IBNS): Terrorist group Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack in Quetta area of Pakistan on Friday which left 20 people killed, media reports said.

The militant Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the terrorist attack in Quetta which killed 20 people and left 48 more injured, the group's Amaq news agency said on Saturday, reported Dawn News.

The group released a photograph of the bomber along with his name on Saturday and said the attack targeted the Shia community. It has claimed a number of attacks in the past, the Pakistan-based newspaper reported.

Sunni militant group had claimed responsibility:

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, a Sunni militant group known to target the Hazara community,  had earlier claimed responsibility for the incident.

"We claim responsibility for the attack in Quetta," Qari Saifullah, a spokesman for the group, told CNN. "We targeted the Hazara community." 

Hazara community members continue protest:

Hazara community members  are protesting against the blast for yet another day on Western Bypass road in Quetta. They are also demanding for better security measures and protection of the Hazara people.

The protesters, who were joined by workers and leaders of the Majlis Wahdat-i-Muslimeen (MWM) on Saturday, blocked the western bypass, which links the provincial capital with main highways, by placing heavy boulders and barricades and burning tyres and set up camps in the area, reported Dawn News.

As per local media reports, authorities have sent the body parts of the suicide bomber for DNA test.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.