December 01, 2023 08:42 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Canada reaches deal with tech giant Google over Online News Act | All-party meeting on Dec 2 ahead of Parliament's winter session | Exit polls predict advantage BJP in Rajasthan, MP; Cong gains in Telangana, retains Chhattisgarh; Mizoram heads for hung house | US files charges against Indian man for alleged bid to kill Khalistani terrorist | In a setback for Delhi govt, Supreme Court clears Centre's proposal to extend 6-month extension for top officer

SBI Q2FY24 net profit goes up 8% to Rs 14,330; NII stands at Rs 39,500 cr

Mumbai: State Bank of India (SBI) has announced a net profit of Rs 14,330 crore for the July-September quarter of FY24, marking an 8-percent increase from the Rs 13,265 crore recorded in the same period the previous year.

RBI permits SBI Mutual Fund to acquire 9.99% paid-up share capital in IndusInd Bank

Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), on Wednesday, granted permission to SBI Mutual Fund (SBIMF) to acquire up to 9.99% of paid-up share capital or voting rights in Induslnd Bank.

SBI launches ‘Mobile Handheld Device’

The State Bank of India on Wednesday said it is availing banking services has announced introduction of  'Mobile Handheld Device’ for its FI customers.

SBI raises Rs 10,000 cr via infra bonds

Mumbai: India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) announced the successful issuance of its fourth set of infrastructure bonds, raising Rs 10,000 crore at a coupon rate of 7.49 percent.

SBI launches digital transit systems with the 'Nation First Transit Card’

Mumbai: The country’s largest lender, the State Bank of India has launched the ‘Nation First Transit Card’ at the Global Fintech Fest 2023.

SBI introduces Aadhaar-Based enrolment for social security schemes

Public sector lender State Bank of India has unveiled a Customer Service Points functionality that enables hassle-free enrolment for social security schemes through Aadhaar.

Despite headwinds, global economic activity remains resilient in Q1FY24: SBI report

Mumbai: Global economic activity remained resilient in the Q1FY24, driven mainly by the services sector, according to State Bank of India’s Group Chief Economic Adviser Dr Soumya Kanti Ghosh.

SBI Life Insurance launches ‘24X7 inbound contact centre’

SBI Life Insurance, a private life insurance company, launched its dedicated 24X7 inbound contact centre to address the before & after purchase queries related to comprehensive insurance solutions provided by the company.

SBI Q1FY24 profit jumps 178% YoY to Rs 16,884 cr; NII surges 25%

Mumbai: State Bank of India (SBI), the largest bank in India, surpassed market expectations with a massive 178.24% year-on-year (YoY) surge in its profit for the June 2023 quarter to Rs 16,884 crore.

SBI successfully raises Rs 10,000 cr via long-term infrastructure bond

Mumbai: India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) on Monday successfully raised Rs 10,000 crore through its third infrastructure bond issuance at a coupon rate of 7.54 percent.

Centre appoints SBI veteran Swaminathan Janakiraman as RBI deputy governor

Mumbai: The government has appointed Swaminathan Jankiraman, the managing director of the State Bank of India (SBI), as the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), an official notification said.

SBI to raise Rs 50,000 cr from Indian and overseas markets in FY24

Mumbai: The State Bank of India (SBI) on Friday announced its plan to raise up to Rs 50,000 crore through debt instruments during the current fiscal year.

IRDAI orders SBI Life Insurance to take over Sahara India Life Insurance business

New Delhi: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has named SBI Life Insurance Company Limited (SBI Life) as the acquirer insurer of the life insurance business of Sahara India Life Insurance Co. Ltd (SILIC), media reports said.

Liquidity in banks likely to cross estimate of Rs 1 trillion as per market trends show 80% of the total Rs 2000 notes are deposited: SBI report

Mumbai: Around 80% of the total Rs 2000 notes received are deposited and the rest 20% are exchanged for smaller denominations as per market trends. Even if a fraction of these trends is extrapolated at the banking level, the liquidity in the banking system will shoot much higher compared to previous estimates of around Rs 1 trillion bulge in deposits even if a fraction, said SBI Ecowrap report on Tuesday.

SBI report says 2000 rupee note withdrawal a non-event; to have favourable impact on deposits and yields

Mumbai: The withdrawal of 2000 rupee note is likely to be a non-event as digital payment in India has been witnessing new milestones, in both value and volume terms, indicating the robustness of our payment ecosystem and acceptance by a wide stratum of consumers, according to an SBI report.