May 27, 2024 02:11 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
'Man-made disaster': Gujarat High Court takes suo motu cognizance of Rajkot gaming zone fire that killed 27 people | Payal Kapadia's Indian film All We Imagine As Light wins Grand Prix Award at Cannes | 'Was told to take the blame': Pune Porsche teen's grandfather told driver to take responsibility for crash | 24 killed in gaming zone fire in Gujarat’s Rajkot; PM Modi expresses grief | INDIA bloc performing mujra for vote bank, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi launching a scathing attack on opposition parties
Indian govt in touch with Indian crew members onboard Dali, MEA official says on Baltimore bridge collapse
Baltimore
Photo Courtesy: UNI

Indian govt in touch with Indian crew members onboard Dali, MEA official says on Baltimore bridge collapse

| @indiablooms | 29 Mar 2024, 05:31 pm

India on Thursday said it is in close touch with Indians onboard and the local authorities following the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse in Maryland after the Singapore-flagged container ship ‘Dali’ collided with one of the pillars this week.

MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said all the Indian crew members of the ship re safe.

Addressing a weekly press briefing, Jaiswal was quoted as saying by ANI, “Out of the 21 crew members, 20 are Indians. All of them are in good shape, good health. One of them is slightly injured, needed to have some stitches. The stitches have been given, then gone back to the ship. Our Embassies are in close touch with the Indians on board and also the local authorities in this matter.”

Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge collapsed on Tuesday following the collision.

The Singapore-flagged container ship "Dali", which is owned by Grace Ocean Private Ltd, was on its way to Sri Lankan capital Colombo.

Synergy Marine Group said in a statement: "We confirm the safety of all crew members and two pilots aboard 'DALI', with one minor injury reported. The injured crew member has been treated and discharged from hospital. Unfortunately the incident also impacted those who were on the Francis Scott Key Bridge at the time, and based on reports from the Baltimore fire chief and ABC News and other media outlets there have so far been two rescued from the water, including one person with serious injuries."

"As per the United States Coast Guard (USCG), the search and rescue operation has been called off for the night. Six people are presumed dead. We extend our deepest sympathies to everyone affected and their families," the statement said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.