October 31, 2020 04:07 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi inaugurates development projects in Gujarat's Kevadia | Pakistan: Protesters attempt to storm French Embassy in Islamabad, police fire teargas | Eyes on 2021 poll, BJP chief JP Nadda to visit West Bengal again on Nov 6 | EC revokes Kamal Nath's star campaigner status over 'repeated violations' ahead of MP by-polls | LeT behind killing of 3 Kashmir BJP workers, vehicle used by militants seized: IGP
Amit Shah visits martyr SHO's residence in Srinagar, offers condolences
Image Credit: twitter.com/AmitShah

Amit Shah visits martyr SHO's residence in Srinagar, offers condolences

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 27 Jun 2019, 06:09 am

Srinagar, June 27 (UNI): Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday visited the residence of martyred Station House Officer (SHO) Arshad Ahmad Khan in Srinagar to offer condolences to the bereaved family.

Shah, who is on a two-day visit to Kashmir valley since Wednesday afternoon, was accompanied by top security force officials to the Balgarden Karan Nagar residence of Khan.

The Union Home minister met the family members of SHO and expressed his condolences.

All roads leading to the house of the SHO were sealed since early on Thursday morning.

Khan was critically wounded in a fidayeen attack at K P Road Anantnag on June 12 in which five Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were killed and four others wounded. A woman was also injured in the attack. The lone militant was also killed by the security forces in the retaliatory firing. However, he was not identified but a local militant outfit Al-Umar claimed responsibility for the attack.

Khan was admitted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi where he succumbed on June 16.

Two Assistant Sub Inspectors Ramesh Kumar, Neeru Sharma, constable Satinder Kumar, M K Kushwa and Mahesh Kumar were also martyred in the attack.

This was the first major attack by militants since the Pulwama attack in February this year in which over 40 CRPF personnel were killed and several others injured.