What's life without food! If you're hungry, why wait for others to come and help you out? Grab your apron and get cooking! Making food yourself is a great way to learn about food and meal preparation. And we have plenty of mouthwatering recipes for you to try...
Brinjals - 500 gms, seedless, cut into 1 inch pieces
Sambar Onions - 10, peeled
Tomatoes - 2, finely chopped
Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup thick + 1/2 cup thin
Tamarind Extract - 3/4 to 1 cup
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder - a pinch
Cloves - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Jaggery - 3 to 4 tblsp
Coriander Powder - handful, chopped
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Dry roast and grind to a powder:
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Coriander - 1 tsp
Bengal Gram - 1 tsp
Toor Dal - 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies - 6
Gasa Gasa - 4 tsp
Cashews - 3
Fenugreek - a pinch
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Stir-fry the mustard seeds, asafoetida powder and cloves.
3. Add tomatoes, onions and brinjal pieces.
4. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, salt, tamarind extract, jaggery and mix well.
6. Add the ground powder, thin coconut milk and mix.
7. Bring to a boil and add the thick coconut milk.
8. Simmer till the stew starts to thicken.
9. Stir well and simmer for a minute more.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Remove and serve hot