August 18, 2026 01:41 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan condemns attacks in Karachi Chinese consulate and Orakzai

| @indiablooms | Nov 23, 2018, at 03:16 pm

Islamabad, Nov 23 (IBNS): Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday condemned the attacks in Karachi and Orakzai areas of the country and said they were done with the intention of creating unrest in the nation.

Condemning the attacks, Khan tweeted: " Strongly condemn the terrorist attacks against Chinese Consulate in Karachi & in Orakzai tribal area. My prayers go to the victims & their families. Salute the brave security/police personnel who gave their lives & denied success to terrorists in the mission ag Chinese Consulate."

Khan said: "I am absolutely clear both these attacks are part of a planned campaign to create unrest in the country by those who do not want Pakistan to prosper. Let there be no doubt in anyone's mind that we will crush the terrorists, whatever it takes."

 

He further said: "The failed attack against the Chinese Consulate was clearly a reaction to the unprecedented trade agreements that resulted from our trip to China. The attack was intended to scare Chinese investors and undermine CPEC. These terrorists will not succeed."

In Karachi, two policemen were killed and one security guard was injured in an attack on the Chinese Consulate.

A separatist group in Balochistan took responsibility for the strike.

In Balochistan, Chinese involvement in infrastructure project is fiercely opposed by the Baluchis seeking independence from Pakistan.

In a separate incident, at least 30 people were killed as a blast rocked a marketplace in Pakistan's Lower Orakzai area on Friday, media reports said.

The blast left 40 others hurt.

No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.

Imran Khan took oath as Pakistan's PM this year.

His PTI clinched victory in the general polls in the Asian nation.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.