August 17, 2026 07:01 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar
Pakistan
Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Pakistan: Gunmen attack coal mines in Balochistan, 20 miners dead

| @indiablooms | Oct 11, 2024, at 06:43 pm

At least 20 people died after unknown armed men attacked coal mines belonging to a local company in Pakistan's Balochistan region on Friday.

Seven people were injured in the incident.

According to district authorities, the attackers used heavy weapons, including hand grenades and rocket launchers, during the assault on the mines, reported The Express Tribune.

Balochistan has been witnessing a spike in terror activities in recent times.

“A group of armed men attacked the Junaid Coal company mines in the Duki area in the wee hours using heavy weapons,” Duki Station House Officer (SHO) Humayun Khan told Dawn News.

They fired rockets and grenades at the mines as well, SHO Khan added.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

The injured people were shifted to  Loralai Tehsil Headquarters for treatment.

“The district administration is actively coordinating with the FC and police to manage and control the situation,” Duki Deputy Commissioner (DC) Kaleemullah Kakar told Dawn News.

Speaking to reporters as quoted by the newspaper, DC Kakar said the victims belonged to various regions of Pakistan, as well as Afghanistan.

Pakistan has been witnessing a spike in terror activities in recent years.

The spike has been specifically witnessed in Balochistan and KP.

While terror attacks declined by 24 per cent in September compared to August, they witnessed surges in August and July, according to monthly security reports as quoted by Dawn News.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.