August 18, 2026 02:35 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar

Pakistan condemns Afghanistan mosque attack

| @indiablooms | Mar 26, 2018, at 10:56 pm

Islamabad, Mar 26 (IBNS): Pakistan on Monday condemned the suicide blast in Afghanistan which killed three people on Sunday.

The blast, which hit a mosque in Herat region of Afghanistan, left at least left nine others injured.

"Pakistan strongly condemns the heinous and reprehensible Suicide attack that targeted innocent worshippers at a Mosque in Herat, today," Pakistan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.

"We are grieved at the loss of precious and innocent lives in this brutal act of terrorism. Such sacrilegious acts that target places of worships including mosques are highly condemnable," it said.

"We express our heartfelt sympathies and condolences to the bereaved families and pray for the speedy recovery of the injured," the Ministry said.

The blast reportedly occurred at around 1 pm on Sunday.

Public Health Director Dr. Abdul Hakim Tamana told Afghanistan's Pajhwok Afghan News three bodies and nine injured people had been evacuated to the civil hospital from the blast site.

He told the news agency two suicide bombers wanted to enter the mosque but they were identified by the mosque guards who put resistance.

While one detonated his explosives, the other person was shot dead by the guard.

Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.