August 18, 2026 09:02 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar
Ghazni Blast
WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

Afghanistan: Blast in Ghazni leaves 15 dead

| @indiablooms | Dec 19, 2020, at 05:03 am

Kabul: A blast in Ghazni province in Afghanistan on Friday left at least 15 people killed and 20 others injured, media reports said.

The explosives were loaded on a motorbike that was parked near a house in Agho Jan village in Gelan district where a group of people had gathered to attend a Quran recitation ceremony, the Interior Affairs Ministry’s spokesman Tariq Arian was quoted as saying by Tolo News.

Afghanistan President termed the attack as 'barbaric'.

"President Ghani condemned in the strongest terms the terrorist attack in Agho Jan area of Gilan district in Ghazni province which killed a number of our innocent compatriots & wounded scores others," the official statement issued by the Afghanistan President's Office on Twitter said.

"President Ghani termed the attack a barbaric act of terror and said the Taliban must agree to the call of the people and Government of Afghanistan for a ceasefire, cease such inhumane acts and atrocities, and embrace the peace process," the statement said.
No group has not commented on the issue so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.