May 18, 2026 06:25 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report | FIR against Abhishek Banerjee over ‘provocative speeches’ during West Bengal poll campaign | Madhya Pradesh High Court holds Bhojshala complex disputed site to be a temple | ‘Even ex-CM can be probed’: Suvendu Adhikari’s big statement on RG Kar case | Big action in RG Kar case: Bengal CM Suvendu Adhikari suspends 3 IPS officers, including ex-CP Vineet Goyal | Modi’s UAE visit delivers major defence, energy deals amid Middle East tensions
WIkimedia Commons

Egypt: Security officials kill 40 terrorists during raids after tourist bus blast

| @indiablooms | Dec 29, 2018, at 07:53 pm

Cairo, Dec 29 (IBNS): Security officials in Egypt have killed dozens of terrorists during a raid in the country on Saturday, media reports said.

The raids killed "40 terrorists" in Giza and North Sinai on Saturday morning, according to a statement from the ministry, reported BBC.

It said the militants were planning a series of attacks on tourist sites, churches and military personnel, the British news channel further said in its report.

Meanwhile, a roadside blast near Giza pyramids in Egypt left four people killed, media reports said on Saturday.

The raids were conducted by security forces, hours after this blast.

The incident left 12 others injured.

According to reports, the blast near the bus left three Vietnamese tourists and a local tour guide killed.

A bomb hidden beside a wall went off as the bus carrying 14 Vietnamese tourists was passing, BBC reported.

Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly was quoted as saying by BBC the bus hit the device after it went off its planned route without alerting security forces.

Apart from the Egyptian driver, the other injured people are reportedly Vietnamese tourists.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

WIkimedia Commons

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.