February 17, 2026 10:52 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Videograb of Bengaluru under-construction building collapse/ courtesy: X

1 killed, 5 trapped after under-construction building collapses in Bengaluru amid heavy rains, flooding

| @indiablooms | Oct 23, 2024, at 02:02 am

Bengaluru/IBNS: At least one person was killed and five more are trapped after an under-construction building collapsed in Bengaluru on Tuesday, media reports said.

The city has been receiving heavy rains since last week.

Rescue teams have reached Babusapalya in east Bengaluru, where the building is located.

Efforts are being made to clear the debris and pull the trapped people out. Three people have been rescued so far.

Waterlogging has thrown life out of gear in parts of the city, with children having to skip school while passengers are missing flights and trains.

Residents of an apartment complex in Yelahanka on the outskirts of Bengaluru were evacuated using boats after heavy flooding in the area.

Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar, who holds the Bengaluru Development portfolio, said it is not in the hands of the government to "stop nature" but is taking all necessary steps to ensure people don't suffer.

He said pumps have been pressed into service to drain water from apartments and low-lying areas while teams from the state and national disaster response forces are carrying out relief work.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.