August 18, 2026 10:58 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
UAE's air defence system detected potential missile threat. Representative photo of Abhu Dhabi: ChatGPT

UAE issues missile threat alert, urges residents to seek safe shelter

| @indiablooms | Aug 18, 2026, at 09:19 pm

The United Arab Emirates has issued its first major missile threat warning in months, urging residents to remain in safe locations after the country's air defence systems detected a potential missile threat targeting the UAE.

The National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) said in a statement on X that residents should remain alert and follow instructions issued through official channels.

"UAE air defence systems detected a missile threat targeting the country. Please remain in a safe location and follow warnings and updates issued through official channels," the authority said.

Interior Ministry issues separate alert

The UAE Interior Ministry also issued a warning, citing the "current situation" and "potential missile threats".

Residents were advised to move to the nearest secure building and remain in a safe place until further instructions.

The alerts come amid heightened tensions in the Middle East, a day after a Memorandum of Understanding between Iran and the United States, aimed at ending the fighting in the region, expired on Monday.

Last missile warning came in May

The latest alert marks the first such warning in the UAE in several months.

The country's previous missile warning was issued in May.

In June, residents received a false missile-threat alert after a technical malfunction in the national early warning system mistakenly triggered emergency notifications on their phones.

Authorities subsequently clarified that the June alert had been caused by a technical issue.

The latest warning, however, was issued after the UAE's air defence systems detected what authorities described as a potential missile threat, prompting officials to urge residents to take precautionary measures and rely only on official updates.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.