Gurugram: Indian airline major Air India on Saturday (November 4, 2023) announced it has entered an interline partnership with Alaska Airlines.
The partnership, while strengthening Air India’s international network, will allow Air India guests to avail seamless connections from New York JFK, Newark-New Jersey, Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco, and Vancouver gateways to and from 32 destinations in the USA, Mexico, and Canada on Alaska Airline’s network.
The scope of agreement includes bilateral interlining which allows both the airlines to sell tickets on each other’s network.
In addition, the two airlines have also entered a Special Prorate Agreement, which allows Air India to file ‘through fares’ on routes covering Alaska Airlines’ network. Passengers will also be able to enjoy Air India’s free baggage allowance on Alaska Airlines routes.
Nipun Aggarwal, Chief Commercial & Transformation Officer, Air India,said, “The tie-up with Alaska Air will expand our international footprint in the US and Canada and even extend our reach to Mexico boosting our network expansion plans. It will help us offer more choice to our guests and mark a significant step forward in our mission to enhance connectivity.”
Passengers will be able to connect to the following points on Alaska Airlines network from Air India’s current gateways in North America:
● New York JFK: Portland, San Diego, Seattle.
● Newark-New Jersey: Los Angeles, Portland, San Diego, Seattle.
● Chicago: Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, Boise.
● Washington DC: Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle.
● San Francisco: 26 points in the USA and 6 in Mexico
○ USA: Salt Lake City, Orange County, Tampa, Anchorage, Austin, Boise, Boston, Bozeman Yellowstone, Dallas Love Field, Reagan National, Fort Lauderdale, Spokane, Honolulu, Jackson Hole, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, Missoula Montana, Kahului, Seattle Paine Field, Portland, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Redmond, San Diego, Seattle.
○ Mexico: Los Cabos, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Cancun, Loreto International, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta.
● Vancouver: Seattle
Air India currently operates 47 non-stop flights every week from Delhi, Bengaluru, and Mumbai to five American cities: New York, Newark, Washington DC, Chicago, and San Francisco, and 14 non-stop flights every week from Delhi to Toronto and Vancouver in Canada.