February 17, 2026 05:24 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Suicide attacks in Pakistan's Quetta kills 6 policemen

| @indiablooms | Apr 25, 2018, at 01:54 pm

Islamabad, Apr 25 (IBNS): A suicide bomber targeted a police van on Airport Road in Quetta city of Pakistan on Tuesday, leaving at least six policemen killed, media reports said.

The incident left seven others injured.

At least six policemen were martyred and seven others were injured when a suicide bomber targeted a police van on Airport Road in Quetta on Tuesday evening, Quetta DIG Razzaq Cheema told DawnNewsTV.

Moreover, two suicide bombers also attacked a Frontier Corps (FC) checkpost in Quetta's Mian Ghundi area, however, the FC personnel killed the attackers following an exchange of fire, the Pakistan-based newspaper reported quoting the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.

Security officials said the attacks might be coordinated.

Police and FC personnel went to the site following the attack.

The entire area has been cordoned off.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks so far.

Condemning the attacks, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief and Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif  tweeted: "Strongly condemn the attack on the check post in Quetta. I extend my heartfelt sympathies to the bereaved families and pray to Allah Almighty to rest the departed souls in peace!"

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.