February 16, 2026 08:15 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Seven policemen killed in Pakistan blast

| @indiablooms | Oct 18, 2017, at 06:37 pm
Islamabad, Oct 18 (IBNS) : At least seven policemen were killed and 22 people injured in an explosion in Quetta, provincial capital of Pakistan's Balochistan on Wednesday, Dawn reported.

According to initial reports, a roadside bomb exploded on Quetta-Sibbi road just as a police vehicle carrying 35  personnel passed the  the Sariab Mill area.

The nature of the blast has yet to be ascertained.

The reported quoted Civil Hospital Quetta Spokesperson Wasim Baig as having confirmed  seven casualties. He said  eight injured had been brought to the medical facility where emergency has been imposed.

Balochistan Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti while condemning the attack confirmed that six policemen had lost their lives in the attack while 22 others were injured and being treated at the Civil Hospital and Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in Quetta.

team from Lahore would arrive in Quetta tomorrow to help determine the cause of the blast.

"The war against terrorism is not over. Balochistan is on the forefront of this fight and we will not stop until there is not a single terrorist left in the area," the home minister said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.