February 16, 2026 12:47 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns
Pakistan
Photo Courtesy: X page video grab

Punjab government in Pakistan decides to hike security of Chinese officials after suicide attack

| @indiablooms | Mar 27, 2024, at 11:27 pm

Pakistan's Punjab government has decided to beef up the security of Chinese officials in the province following the suicide attack on Karakoram highway in Bisham which left five Chinese nationals dead.

According to the Punjab Home Department, 3355 Chinese officials are currently working across Punjab and over 11,225 security personnel are deployed for their safety, reported ARY News.

The Home Department pledged to provide foolproof security to all Chinese officials across Punjab, the news channel reported.

Condemning the suicide blast in Bisham region which left six people, including five Chinese nationals who were working on the Dasu Hydropower Project, dead, Beijing on Tuesday (March 26, 2024) asked Pakistan to thoroughly investigate the case and hunt down the perpetrators behind the attack.

Apart from five Chinese nationals, the Pakistani driver, who was driving the vehicle transporting staff of the Dasu dam project in Bisham, was also killed after a suicide bomber rammed into it.

Reacting to the blast, a Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson said: "China strongly condemns this terrorist attack. We express deep condolences over the lives lost and extend sincere sympathies to the bereaved families. China asks Pakistan to thoroughly investigate the incident as soon as possible, hunt down the perpetrators and bring them to justice."

"Meanwhile, we ask Pakistan to take effective measures to protect the safety and security of Chinese nationals, institutions and projects in Pakistan. China is working with Pakistan on the follow-up work with all-out effort," the spokesperson said.

The Dasu Dam is the country's largest hydropower project.

China and Pakistan are strategic allies and Islamabad is considered a key link to President Xi Jinping's ambitious Belt and Road infrastructure initiative.

No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.