February 18, 2026 05:59 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Gwadar Port
Image: Wikimedia Commons

Pakistan: Protesters, including children and women, block highway leading to Gwadar port

| @indiablooms | Nov 23, 2022, at 05:14 am

Gwadar: Tens of thousands of protesters, including women and children, blocked an expressway leading to Gwadar port on Sunday as they claimed that the government has failed to  meet a Nov 20 deadline to implement their demands.

The rally participants — fishermen, students and labourers led by Gwadar Haq Do Tehreek’s leader Maulana Hidayatur Rehman — marched towards Gwadar port and raised slogans against the government, reports Dawn News.

Among the movement’s demands are stopping illegal fishing by trawlers in Balochistan’s maritime boundaries, recovery of missing persons, maximum concessions in border trade with Iran, end to narcotics and other Gwadar-related issues, the newspaper reported.

This fresh series of sit-ins and protests, which began on Oct 27, entered 25th day on Sunday.

Speaking at the rally, Maulana Rehman and other speakers strongly condemned the federal and provincial governments for not implementing the agreement reached with the movement leaders last year.

“The struggle of Haq Do movement will continue until the problems are solved,” Maulana Rehman said on Twitter as quoted by Dawn News. “Today, once again the people of Gwadar have given a clear message to the ruling classes. If attention is not given, the public will have no choice but to close the port.”

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.