February 17, 2026 06:59 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Pakistan
Image: Twitter video grab

Pakistan: Passenger train derails in Nawabshah, 30 die

| @indiablooms | Aug 07, 2023, at 02:31 am

Nawabshah: At least 30 people died and 80 others were hurt after 10 bogies of Havelian-bound Hazara Express derailed close to the  Sahara Railway Station in Pakistan's Nawabshah district on Sunday.

Commissioner Benazirabad division Abbas Baloch said in a statement that at least 30 died in the incident while passengers are still stranded in a bogie, reports Geo News.

He said a relief train will arrive at the scene soon.

Emergency has been imposed in the local hospitals following the mishap.

Benazirabad Deputy Inspector General of Police Younis Chandio told Geo News that nine out of 10 wrecked bogies had been cleared, with injured and deceased being pulled out.

He said the remaining bogie needs heavy machinery to be removed from the spot.

The reason behind the mishap is still not known.

Following the train crash, rail service to and from the interior districts of Sindh was suspended.

Authorities believe it may take up to 18 hours to restore operation on the line.

Federal Railway Minister's reaction:

Federal Minister for Railways and Aviation Khawaja Saad Rafique, during a press conference, said someone could have "deliberately" caused the accident and it could also be a mechanical fault.

"First, we will provide relief and then investigate. Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah is reaching the site. Emergency has been imposed in hospitals in Sukkur," the federal minister was quoted as saying by Geo News.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.