February 17, 2026 03:54 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Pakistan condemns Kabul attack

| @indiablooms | Mar 22, 2018, at 08:11 pm

Islamabad, Mar 22 (IBNS): Pakistan has condemned the suicide blast in Pakistan that has killed at least 29 people.

"Pakistan strongly condemns today's reprehensible suicide attack close to Ali Abad hospital and Kabul University. We are grieved at the loss of precious and innocent lives in this brutal attack of terrorism," a statement from Pakistan's Foreign Ministry read.

"We express our deepest sympathies and condolences to the bereaved families and pray for the speedy recovery of the injured," it said.

"Pakistan reiterates its unequivocal condemnation of terrorism in all forms and manifestations and expresses solidarity with the government and people of Afghanistan in their fight against the menace of terrorism," read the government statement.

At least 29 people were killed in a suicide attack in Afghanistan's Kabul city on Wednesday, media reports said.

The incident left 52 others injured.

According to reports, the blast hit the limits of third Police District near to Kart-i-Sakhi area at around 12 pm.

Nasratullah Rahimi, deputy spokesman of the Ministry of Interior (MoI) told Pajhwok Afghan News that 29 people have been killed and 52 other wounded. 

He told the Afghanistan news agency that the killed people were all civilians.

An investigation into the incident is currently going on.

Waheedullah Majroh, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), told Pajhwok Afghan News 29 people were killed and  52 other wounded in today’s suicide blast. 

As per media reports, the explosive was placed in a motor cycle.

Faizullah told the Afghanistan news agency: "The motorbike rider rammed into the crowd of people who returned from gathering in Kart-i-Sakhi and detonated the explosives.”

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

Image: UN website

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.