February 18, 2026 04:30 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Balochistan Government
Image: File image of Governor's house in Quetta by Irfan7sarwar via Wikimedia Commons

Pakistan: Balochistan govt warns it will not be able to pay salaries for next month

| @indiablooms | Dec 18, 2022, at 04:24 am

Quetta: The Balochistan government has warned it would not be able to pay salaries for the next month if the federal government does not release the province’s share under the National Finance Commission Award (NFC).

After Gilgit-Baltistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Pakistan Occupied Kashmir; Balochistan was the latest federating unit to have complained about the lack of financial help from Islamabad.

According to the provincial finance department, Balochistan was supposed to receive Rs 131 billion from the federal resources under the NFC Award in the first five months (July-November) of the current fiscal year.

The Financial department, however, claimed only Rs 101 billion has been provided so far.

The Rs 30 billion shortfall has caused grave financial problems for the province and if the money was not released immediately, the provincial government would be unable to pay salaries to its employees, a senior official of the finance department told Dawn.

He added Balochistan was already being paid Rs 5-8 billion less than its share in the NFC Award which has disturbed the province’s budget.

He claimed Balochistan was also deprived of Rs 11.2 billion in 2021.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.