February 17, 2026 02:02 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

IS claims Save the Children attack in Afghanistan

| @indiablooms | Jan 24, 2018, at 11:31 pm

Kabul, Jan 24 (IBNS): The so called Islamic State has claimed the Save the Children attack which accounted for the death of at least two people in Afghanistan on Wednesday, reports said.

The incident occurred at around 9:10 am in Jalalabad city, the capital of Nangarhar province.

According to governor spokesperson Attaullah Khogyani, a suicide bomber detonated the explosives near the NGO compound gate.

So far, 12 people have sustained injuries.

According to BBC, a joint team of police and commandos have launched an offensive against the attackers.

Unconfirmed reports have suggested that two attackers have been gunned down by security forces.

Meanwhile, condemning the attack, Save the Children said that its primary concern is the safety of its staffs.

"Our primary concern is for the safety and security of our staff," the NGO said in a statement.

Save the Children has been operational in Afghanistan since 1976.

Currently it holds programmes in 16 Afghan provinces.

The NGO provides healthcare, education and other necessary things to Afghan children.

 

Image: Sourced from Twitter

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.