February 16, 2026 08:39 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns

Imran Khan condemns Quetta attack

| | Oct 25, 2016, at 01:55 pm
Islamabad, Oct 25 (IBNS): Pakistani politician Imran Khan on Tuesday condemned the militant attack at a police training college in Quetta which left over 50 people killed on Monday.

Condemning the attack, Khan, who had earlier served the nation as the skipper of the cricket team which won the World Cup in 1992, tweeted: "Strongly condemn cowardly terror attack on police training centre in Quetta. May Allah keep hostages safe. Prayers for recovery of injured."

  At least 51 people, which included mostly cadets, were killed as militants stormed a police training college in Pakistan's Quetta city on a Monday, media reports said.

The attack left 97 others hurt.

Balochistan Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti was quoted as saying by Geo News that the security forces have completed the operation.

He said three terrorists had attacked the institute.

While one terrorist was killed by security forces. Two others blew themselves up, he said.

Emergency has been imposed in all hospitals across the area.,

IG FC Major General Sher Afghan told media that initial investigation suggested that the  militants were affiliated with Lashkar-e- Jhangvi Al Almi.

The attackers were getting directions from Afghanistan, he said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.