February 16, 2026 12:46 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns
Pakistan-China
Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Drone cameras banned in Karachi following suicide attack on Chinese nationals

| @indiablooms | Apr 01, 2024, at 11:13 pm

Authorities in Pakistan's Karachi city have banned the use of drone cameras for two months in the District South of the port city following the attack on Chinese nationals last week.

According to reports, the ban was imposed citing “threats to vital installations, and Chinese Consulate”.

The Karachi administration has taken special measures for the safety of sensitive installations and the Chinese Consulate under the Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC), empowering the authorities concerned to ban the use of drone cameras, reported The News International.

“It has been reported that there are serious threats to vital installations and Chinese Consulate, Karachi by the anti-state elements/hostile agencies in the wake of recent attacks on Chinese nationals, therefore, it is necessary to take immediate measures to avoid any mishaps & to maintain law and order situation in the city,” said a notification issued by Commissioner Muhammad Saleem Rajput on Saturday as quoted by the newspaper.

He exercised his powers delegated by the Sindh home department to impose restrictions on drone cameras in Karachi’s District South for a period of two months, effective from March 30 till May 29.

At least six people, including five Chinese nationals, were killed following an attack on their vehicle in Shangla's Besham town on March 26.

Several Chinese engineers are currently working on various projects in Pakistan at present.

China is investing over $65 billion in infrastructure works as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) under Beijing's wider Belt and Road initiative, reported The News International.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.