February 16, 2026 10:11 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Coordinated explosions in Kandahar and Helmand attack cause casualties

| @indiablooms | Dec 18, 2017, at 08:01 pm

Kabul, Dec 18 (IBNS) : Coordinated explosions rocked southern Kandahar province late on Sunday night hours after a coordinated attack check posts left several dead in southern Helmand province of Afghanistan.

Local Khaama Press quoted officials in Kandahar as saying that  the back to back explosions in Kandahar city left at least four policemen wounded.

The officials further added that the policemen were patrolling in the city when three roadside mines, improvised explosive devices, went off.

In the meantime, the local officials in Helmand province are saying that the militants launched a coordinated attack security posts in Lashkargah city, leaving at least 14 policemen dead.

However, the Helmand governor says at least eleven policemen lost their lives after the militants attacked two security posts in Lashkargah city.

The anti-government armed militant groups including the Taliban insurgents have not commented regarding the report so far.

Last night’s coordinated explosion in Kandahar city took place hours after a suicide attack targeted the convoy of the foreign forces in Daman district.

According to the local officials, a woman was killed in the attack and five other civilians were wounded.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.