February 16, 2026 06:13 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns
Pakistan
Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Baloch Yakjehti Committee protesters, police clash over demand to release missing students in Quetta, several hurt

| @indiablooms | Jul 13, 2024, at 03:15 pm

More than 12 people, including six police, were injured when clashes broke out between cops and Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) during a rally organised to demand the release of missing students in Quetta.

According to reports, 27 people, including five women, were arrested during the incident.

Over a dozen police vehicles were damaged as police lobbed tear gas and batton-charged BYC supporters, reported Dawn News.

A firing incident took place during the clashes.

The clashes began when police tried to push BYC supporters from the Red Zone area where the protesters wanted to stage a sit-in, Dawn News reported.

Supporters of BYC had been protesting by staging a sit-in camp for over a week in Sariab area over the disappearance of Zaheer Baloch and other Baloch missing persons.

The clashes began after the demonstrators moved to the Red Zone to stage their sit-in.

At a late-night press conference, Home Minister Ziaullah Langove was quoted as saying by Dawn News that Zaheer Zeb Baloch, who disappeared a few days ago, is the brother of banned BLA commander Bashir Zeb Baloch, who was involved in Mach, Gwadar attacks and kidnapping of picnickers from Shaban area.

He said Zaheer Zeb Baloch is currently not in the custody of any of the forces.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.