February 16, 2026 01:17 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns

At least six killed in suicide attack on Pakistan's census team in Lahore

| | Apr 05, 2017, at 07:40 pm
Lahore, Apr 5 (IBNS) : At least six people, including four soldiers, were killed 18 wounded in a suspected suicide blast targeting census workers in the Lahore on Wedensday.

According to reports by the local media, the attack took place on  Bedian Road when a van carrying a census team on duty was on its way.

BBC said the team was to conduct Pakistan's first census in 20 years.

Local reports said about  20-25 kg explosive material was used in the bomb.

The reports quoted eyewitnesses as saying that  the suicide bomber crashed into the van on a motorbike.

Security officials have reportedly found the head of the the suicide bomber, which is recognisable. His age has been narrowed down to 18-24.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.

Provincial Law Minister Rana Sanaullah says, "This is an act of terrorism as per unconfirmed reports."

He added that militants have found save havens in Afghanistan and have been targeting Pakistan from across the border.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.