February 17, 2026 06:58 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Afghanistan : 3 dead, 12 wounded in coordinated suicide attack

| @indiablooms | Jun 01, 2018, at 12:18 pm

Kabul, May 30 (IBNS): At least three people were killed and twelve others wounded in a coordinated suicide car bombing in central Logar province of Afghanistan.

Local Khaama Press quoted Provincial police spokesman Shapoor Ahmadzai as having confirmed that a group of suicide bombers launched a coordinated attack on Police District#1 police station earlier on Wednesday.

Ahmadzai further added that the suicide bombers initially detonated a vehicle packed with explosives near the police station while three suicide bombers managed to enter the police station and started clashes with the security forces.

He said the suicide bombers were eliminated after a brief exchange of fire by the police forces but the blast left at least three policemen dead.

According to Ahmadzai, at least four policemen also sustained injuries after the car bomb was detonated.

At least eight civilians were also among those wounded, the provincial police spokesman Shapoor Ahmadzai added.

In the meantime, the Taliban group spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid claims that the attack was carried out on a unit of the Quick Reaction Forces.

Mujahid went on to claim that the attack has left several members of the Quick Reaction Forces dead along with their commanders but the local officials rejected the Taliban claims.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.