February 17, 2026 05:05 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
TokyoOlympics2020
Image: UNI

Tokyo Olympics organisers limit fans at 10,000

| @indiablooms | Jun 22, 2021, at 12:55 am

Tokyo/UNI The 2020 Tokyo Olympics organisers on Monday capped the number of spectators at 10,000 for each of its venues.

 

The long-awaited decision was announced in a statement after the five parties meeting attended by IOC, IPC, the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG), and the Government of Japan.

"The spectator limit for the Olympic Games will be set at 50 percent of venue capacity, up to a maximum of 10,000 people at all venues," organisers said in a statement.

However, the limit could be further reduced after July 12, based on the provisions of any state of emergency or other anti-infection measures.

Notably, the fans from abroad were banned several months ago.

The statement also added that masks should be worn in venues at all times, speaking in a loud voice or shouting will be prohibited, congestion should be avoided through appropriate announcements, and visitors should leave venues in a staggered manner.

"Spectators will be requested to travel directly to venues and return home directly, and to take all necessary precautions when moving between prefectures," it said.

Earlier on Monday, Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga said, "In the event a state of emergency was declared then we can't rule out not having spectators."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.