February 17, 2026 12:12 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Roger Federer
Wallpaper Cave

Roger Federer pulls out of French Open 

| @indiablooms | Jun 07, 2021, at 02:43 am

London: Swiss Tennis star Roger Federer has pulled out from the French Open tournament on Sunday.

The 20-time Grand Slam title winner took the decision even after reaching the fourth round of the tournament.

He defeated 59th-ranked Dominik Koepfer by  7-6 (7/5), 6-7 (3/7), 7-6 (7/4), 7-5 margin to reach the last 16 round.

Federer will soon be 40 and Wimbledon is fast approaching where a victory will ensure the Swiss player wins the ninth title.

"After discussions with my team, I've decided I will need to pull out of Roland Garros today," he said in a statement.

Federer said: "After two knee surgeries and over a year of rehabilitation it's important that I listen to my body and make sure I don't push myself too quickly on my road to recovery."

"I am thrilled to have gotten three matches under my belt. There is no greater feeling than being back on court," he said.

Federer was gearing up to face Italian ninth seed Matteo Berrettini on Monday. However, he made the announcement before stepping into the court for his next round clash.

Federer had undergone two knee surgeries last year.

After playing just three matches in the last 16 months, Federer reached Paris to play the tournament.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.