February 19, 2026 06:44 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

RJD politician Shahabuddin's bail challenged in Supreme Court

| | Sep 16, 2016, at 09:18 pm
Patna, Sept 16 (The Bihar Post/IBNS): A man from Bihar Chandrakeshwar Prasad ,whose three sons were killed in cold blood, on Friday filed a petition in the Supreme Court, seeking cancellation of the bail granted to controversial RJD politician Mohammad Shahabuddin.

Prasad who has lost his three sons hails from Siwan, also the native town of Shahabuddin. While two sons were killed by getting bahted in acid, the third one who was a witness in the case was shot dead later on. The victim family alleges the complicity of Shahabuddin in the murder cases.

The complaint was filed through prominent lawyer Prashant Bhushan.

“The man (Shahabuddin) should either be exiled from Bihar or hanged,” Prasad told the media on Friday, while also seeking a CBI inquiry into the murder of three children.

Bhushan told the media in New Delhi that a free trial wouldn’t be possible now that the history-sheeter was out on bail.

Shahabuddin walked out of jail last week after the bail was granted by the Patna High Court. He was released on bail after 11 years of incarceration.

The entire opposition in Bihar has taken to streets since Shahabuddin was granted bail by the court and has accused the state government of clandestinely helping the RJD strongman secure his release.

A delegation of the NDA recently met Bihar Governor Ram Nath Kovind, seeking cancellation of his bail and imposition of Crime Control Act (CCA) on Shahabuddin.

Today again the NDA observed “Dhikkar Diwas” across the state to protest his bail. In the past two days, they had also staged sit-ins with the same demand.

Victims’ families too are protesting and have sought jailing of Shahabuddin, apprehending threats to their live and witnesses.

Amid the increasing demand of his arrest, the state government is now said to be mulling to challenge Shahabuddin’s bail in the Supreme Court.


(thebiharpost.com/IBNS)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.