February 18, 2026 08:46 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

Johnson signs two-year deal with Bengaluru FC

| | Jun 21, 2016, at 12:52 am
Bengaluru, June 20 (IBNS): Bengaluru FC have signed defensive mainstay John Johnson on a new two-year deal that keeps with the champions of India till the end of the 2017-18 season, the club announced on Monday.

Johnson had signed with the Blues since the club's inception before going on to spend three seasons during which he won two I-League titles and one Federation Cup crown with BFC.

He was named the League's 'Best Defender' for the 2015-16 last month as the Blues put behind the disappointment of being edged out by Mohun Bagan in the 2014-15 season at the death to bring back the title to Bengaluru.

"John Johnson has been immense for the club and has been the kind of leader who doesn't need an armband. We are at a very crucial phase at the club and getting him on board for another two seasons puts us in a very good position. He's always inspiring the lads on the pitch and is a great character to have in the dressing room, needless to say he's a fan favourite," said Mustafa Ghouse, COO, Bengaluru FC.

Ever since his first season in India, Johnson has been on the radar of a fair number of clubs but the No.6 said signing a new deal with the Blues was one of the easier choices he's made. "I'm delighted to have signed a new contract. Bengaluru FC is home to me. I've enjoyed every minute of the three seasons that I've spent here and I still feel I have a lot more to offer and achieve with this team. I've personally enjoyed great support from the fans and it's nice to know I will be seeing them again. It's going to be an important season ahead and I'm already looking forward to it," said Johnson.      
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.