February 16, 2026 01:24 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns

ICC warns of serious actions on players behaviour

| | Feb 11, 2015, at 02:48 am
Sydney, Feb 10 (IBNS): The International Cricket Council's (ICC) chief executive officer David Richardson on Tuesday said the council will be 'more serious' about player's behaviour during the upcoming ICC World Cup which will start from Saturday.

He said that if players fail to follow the ICC’s Code of Conduct then they face harsher penalties than ever.

“That issue has been addressed at all the pre-event team briefings,” Richardson was quoted as saying cricket.com.au.

“I suppose it started a few months back; the behaviour in some matches by some players was deemed to be unacceptable, and not a good example to young fans watching the game," he said.

“I think there has been something like 12, 13 Code of Conduct charges laid in the last few months in bilateral series," he said.

“So the crackdown had already started, the teams are going to be told that the umpires intend to remain firm, that the penalties handed out by the match referees will perhaps be a little bit more serious, or higher than before, but that hopefully everyone will be treated equally and fairly," he said.

The World Cup will commence from Feb 14.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.