February 16, 2026 11:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns

ICC approves Nikita Miller as replacement for Sunil Narine

| | Jan 30, 2015, at 06:03 am
Dubai, Jan 29 (IBNS) The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Thursday confirmed that the Event Technical Committee of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 has approved Nikita Miller as a replacement player for Sunil Narine in West Indies’ squad for the tournament, which starts on Feb 14.

Narine withdrew from the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 earlier this week after he felt he required more time to be able to confidently bowl for a sustained period in international cricket with his new action.

The 32-year-old Miller has represented the West Indies in 45 One-Day Internationals and has taken 40 wickets with his left-arm spin. His last ODI was against England in March 2014.

"The replacement was approved as an exceptional circumstance," the ICC said in a statement.

The Event Technical Committee of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 is Geoff Allardice (ICC General Manager – Cricket, Chairman), Campbell Jamieson (ICC General Manager – Commercial), John Harnden (Chief Executive, CWC 2015 LOC), Gavin Larsen (Cricket Operations Manager, New Zealand), Russel Arnold and Sanjay Manjrekar (independent nominees).

The West Indies in in Pool B of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 along with defending champion India, Ireland, former winner Pakistan, African rivals South Africa and Zimbabwe, and qualifier United Arab Emirates (UAE). The West Indies will play its opening match against Ireland at Saxton Oval in Nelson on 16 February.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.