February 16, 2026 08:17 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Indian Wrestlers
Image Credit: Twitter/Sakshee Malikkh

Fight will now take place in court and not on the roads, tweet Indian wrestlers on protest against WFI chief Brij Bhushan

| @indiablooms | Jun 26, 2023, at 05:40 am

New Delhi: Sakshee Malikkh and other wrestlers, who were protesting against  Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, on Sunday said they will now fight the matter in court.

They said the fight will no longer be fought on the roads.

The female wrestlers had earlier accused federation chief of sexual harassment and triggered a protest across the nation.

Top Indian wrestlers Vinesh Phogat, Sakshee Malikkh, and Bajrang Punia tweeted similar tweets on Sunday to announce the decision taken by them.

"In this case, the wrestlers' protest will continue until we get justice, but it will be in court and not on the road,'' the statement issued by them on Twitter, written in Hindi, read.

The wrestlers said they will now wait for the fulfillment of promises made by the Indian government regarding the July 11 elections.

Meanwhile, Phogat and Malikkh also tweeted that they would now take a short break from social media.

Earlier this month, the protesting wrestlers had also met Home Minister Amit Shah to request an impartial probe against Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, who has been accused of sexual harassment by seven female wrestlers, including a minor.

The development occurred days after the protesting wrestlers were evicted from Jantar Mantar in Delhi, where they had been protesting since April.

The wrestlers were detained on May 28 as they attempted to stage a demonstration outside the newly inaugurated Parliament building, where Singh was also present.

Following the alleged manhandling of the wrestlers during the detention, they announced their decision to immerse their medals into the river Ganga in Haridwar.

Later they temporarily shelved their plan after intervention from farmer leader Naresh Tikait.

The Delhi Police had accused the protesting wrestlers of rioting during their protest march to the new Parliament, saying they broke the law in a frenzy despite repeated requests.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.