February 17, 2026 03:57 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
David Warner
Wikipedia Commons

Border-Gavaskar Trophy: David Warner ruled out of remaining series

| @indiablooms | Feb 21, 2023, at 08:12 pm

New Delhi: Australia's chances of making a strong comeback in the remainder of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy series seems bleak as opener David Warner, who was hurt and substituted in the second Test match, has been ruled out of the remaining games.

During the second Test match, which was played in Delhi, David was substituted due to concussion after being struck on the grille of his protective batting helmet by India fast bowler Mohammad Siraj in Australia's first innings.

"That blow came shortly after Warner had been struck on the arm by another rising delivery, with x-rays subsequently confirming the left-hander had also sustained a hairline fracture of the elbow which will keep him out of the remaining Tests," reports Cricket Australia website.

He was replaced in the match by  Queensland's Matthew Renshaw.

David will not feature in Indore and Ahmedabad Test matches.

India defeated Australia in the first two matches to take 1-0 lead.

"David Warner has been ruled out of the Qantas test tour of India and will return home," CA said in a statement issued this afternoon.

"Warner was struck on the elbow in the second Test in Delhi and sustained a hairline fracture," read the statement.

"After further assessment, he will require a period of rehabilitation which will preclude any further involvement in the remainder of the Test series," the statement further said.

"It is currently anticipated that he will return to India for the three One-Day Internationals which follow the Test Series," it said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.