February 23, 2026 01:28 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Canada
Photo Courtesy: Pixabay

'Indian' hackers disable Canadian Armed Forces website amid diplomatic row: Report

| @indiablooms | Sep 29, 2023, at 12:51 am

New Delhi: The official website of the Canadian Armed Forces faced disruption as it was briefly deactivated on Wednesday, media reports said.

The Telegraph reported that the website was attacked by a hacking group called 'Indian Cyber Force', who claimed responsibility on X (formerly Twitter) for the cyberattack.

The site went down around noon but was cleared after some time, Daniel Le Bouthillier, head of media relations at the Department of National Defence told The Globe and Mail.

In a post on X, the Indian Cyber Force declared that the "Canadian Airforce Website has been taken down" and posted a screenshot of the disrupted website with the error message.

On September 22, the group aired its unhappiness with the Canadian government's "allegations and anti-India politics."

This cyberattack on the Canadian Air Force’s site came in the midst of a diplomatic faceoff between India and Canada following Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, last week, accused India of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar's killing.

India strongly rejected the allegations with a strong statement, calling them "absurd" and “motivated”.

It also asked Canada to crack down on terrorists and anti-India elements active on its soil and halted visa services for Canadians.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.