August 15, 2022 11:43 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
India registers 14,092 new Covid-19 cases in last 24 hours | BJP takes dig at Jawaharlal Nehru in video on partition, Congress hits back | Salman Rushdie off ventilator, attacker Hadi Matar pleads 'not guilty' | Investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes away at 62 | Sourav Ganguly to lead Indian team in 75th Independence special match. Know more
Chinese troops acted like street criminals, behaved barbarously: Report

Chinese troops acted like street criminals, behaved barbarously: Report

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 18 Jun 2020, 05:11 pm

New Delhi: Chinese soldiers acted like street criminals rather than a professional army that follows ethos during the clash with Indian security personnel this week in the Galwan Valley, according to a report in The Daily Guardian.

The usual rules of war between civilised states were given the go by, as PLA forces behaved exactly the way Pakistan army does—treacherously and barbarously, reports The Daily Guardian newspaper.

As per the information accessed by The Daily Guardian, Indian troops were taken by “surprise” (the reasons for which have been given in the latter part of this report) and were encircled by Chinese troops, who clearly outnumbered the Indian soldiers.

As per a conversation shared with The Daily Guardian by an officer in Delhi, which he had with one of his colleagues in Galwan Valley, "as the events were unfolding, brings out what our men faced that night. “

According to official sources, close to 135 of Indian soldiers are injured and are undergoing treatment at 303 field hospital and the other health facilities at Leh.

The Daily Guardian has also learnt that the Chinese PLA soldiers used bulldozers kept for road construction excavation work, to knock out a hill on which Indian men were standing, with the intention to inflict massive casualties on the Indian soldiers.

The action had the desired result. Many of the Indian soldiers fell from a height of 14,200 feet where patrol point 14 is located and where the fighting took place.

“Our boys were not killed, they were murdered. We should not send our boys to go to any site unarmed. We have multiple plans for the visits of VIPs but we did not have any plan that took account of the unreliability of the Chinese as they pretended to get disengaged. The Chinese will have no mercy from our men from now on,” an officer told The Daily Guardian, giving an insight into the mood of the frontline soldiers.

At least 20 Indian soldiers were killed during a standoff with Chinese security personnel in Galwan Valley recently.

The Army officials on Thursday said all the Indian soldiers who were involved in a deadly clash with the Chinese military at Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on Jun 15 night have now been accounted for, media reports said.

The clarification came amid the reports claiming several Indian soldiers are still in the custody of the Chinese Army.

Not delving deeper into the release of the Indian soldiers by the Chinese custody, the Army said as quoted by media, "It is clarified that there are no Indian troops missing in action."

More than four decades after the last fatality occurred during a conflict at the India-China border, at least 20 Indian personnel were killed in a conflict with the Chinese military in Galwan Valley, which is close to Aksai Chin, an area that is controlled by China but claimed by both the countries.

In a strong reaction to the violent standoff, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said his nation wants peace but can give a befitting reply, if instigated.

Modi said the sacrifice of the Indian soldiers during the clash with Chinese troops at Galwan Valley would not go in vain, reminding the airstrike which was conducted by the Indian Army after at least  40 soldiers were killed in Pulwama last year by Pakistan-based militant organisation Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM).

Later India's External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar spoke to his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi over the phone and said Chinese side took 'premeditated and planned action' that was directly responsible for the resulting violence and casualties.