August 19, 2026 12:26 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Antony Blinken
Antony Blinken Instagram page

We will continue to work to bring to justice the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks: Antony Blinken

| @indiablooms | Nov 27, 2022, at 11:40 pm

Washington: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Saturday said his country would continue to work with India and other international partners to bring to justice the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks.

" As we mark 14 years since the horrific attacks of 26/11, we join people in India and around the world in mourning the lives lost," Blinken said.

He made the remarks on the 14th anniversary of the Mumbai attacks.

He said: "Together with India and other international partners, we will continue to work to bring to justice the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks."

The 2008 Mumbai attacks also referred to as 26/11 were a series of terrorist attacks that took place in November 2008, when 10 members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, an Islamic terrorist organisation based in Pakistan, carried out 12 coordinated shooting and bombing attacks lasting four days across Mumbai.

 The attacks, which drew widespread global condemnation, began on Wednesday 26 November and lasted until November 29, 2008. At least 174 people died, including 9 attackers, and more than 300 were wounded.

 Eight of the attacks occurred in South Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai Chabad House, The Oberoi Trident, The Taj Palace & Tower, Leopold Cafe, Cama Hospital, The Nariman House, the Metro Cinema, and in a lane behind the Times of India building and St. Xavier's College.

 There was also an explosion at Mazagaon, in Mumbai's port area, and a taxi at Vile Parle.

 By the early morning of 28 November 28, all sites except for the Taj Hotel had been secured by the Mumbai Police and security forces.

 On November 29, India's National Security Guards (NSG) conducted Operation Black Tornado to flush out the remaining attackers; it culminated in the death of the last remaining attackers at the Taj Hotel and ended the attacks.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.