August 19, 2026 02:15 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Operation Dost
Image credit: Wikimedia .org

Turkish envoy Firat Sunel thanks India for sending relief materials

| @indiablooms | Feb 13, 2023, at 09:57 pm

New Delhi: The Turkish envoy to India Firat Sunel on Monday thanked India for sending relief materials to the earthquake-hit nation.

Sunel tweeted: "THANK YOU INDIA! Each tent, each blanket or sleeping bag are of vital importance for the hundreds of thousands of earthquake survivors."

His earlier tweet read, " Another batch of emergency in-kind donations from the people of India is on the way to Turkiye. @TurkishAirlines @TK_INDIA carries the aids on a daily basis to the earthquake hit region, free of charge. #VasudhaivaKutumbakam #earthquake #earthquakeinturkey."

 

Following the massive earthquake that struck Türkey and Syria on 6 February 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had earlier directed that all possible assistance be extended to the affected people. 

MEA spokesperson Arindam Bagchi on Sunday said the seventh Operation Dost flight has delivered the relief material for Türkey at Adana airport.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched a $43 million appeal to support earthquake response in Syria and Türkey, Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus announced on Sunday.

The amount is set to increase as the magnitude of the disaster becomes clearer, he said, speaking during a press conference from the Syrian capital, Damascus.

Latest reports put the death toll at more than 33,000, according to international media, with millions more left homeless.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.