August 19, 2026 02:38 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Mukesh Ambani
Image credit: UNI

Supreme Court orders Z+security for Mukesh Ambani, his family in India and abroad

| @indiablooms | Mar 01, 2023, at 06:48 am

New Delhi/UNI: The Supreme Court has directed that billionaire businessman Mukesh Ambani and his entire family, should be provided with the highest Z+ security cover in India and abroad.

The apex court, in its order, said that the cost of security expenses for this exercise of providing Z+ security shall be borne by the Ambanis.

A two-judge Bench of the Supreme Court, headed by Justice Krishna Murari and also comprising Justice Ahsanuddin Amanullah pronounced the order on Monday.

"When Mukesh Ambani and his family are within India, State of Maharashtra and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) are to ensure their security. When they are travelling abroad, the Ministry of Home Affairs would ensure the same," the Supreme Court, said, in its order.

The top court passed the order, after hearing an appeal filed by the central government against the petitioner Bikash Saha.

Initially, Saha had questioned in his petition filed before the Tripura High Court over the security being provided to the Ambanis family.

Acting on the Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by Saha, the Tripura High Court through its order of May 31 and June 21 had directed the MHA to produce the original file pertaining to the threat perception and assessment report of Mukesh Ambani and his family.

Later on, the Centre had filed an appeal, after June 21, before the Supreme Court challenging this Tripura High Court's order, which had entertained the PIL of Shah, against the security cover given to Reliance Industries Chairman, Mukesh Ambani and his family.

The apex court had also last year agreed to examine the issue and stayed the Tripura HC order.

Senior Advocate, and former Attorney General of India (AG) Mukul Rohatgi appearing for the Ambanis, submitted before the Supreme Court that his clients are at continuous risk of being targeted to financially destabilize the country and such risk exists in India and also when they are travelling abroad.

The Supreme Court also settled the disputes about the security of Amabanis, as it observed that the issue of security cover provided to the Ambanis is the subject matter of litigation in different parts of the country.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.