August 19, 2026 12:33 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Prashnt Kishor announces hunger strike over BPSC prelims cancellation. Photo courtesy: Jan Suraj Party Facebook

Prashant Kishor starts fast unto death over Bihar Public Service Commission prelims cancellation demand

| @indiablooms | Jan 02, 2025, at 08:42 pm

Patna/IBNS: Election strategist-turned-Jan Suraj Party founder Prashant Kishor Thursday announced fast unto death in support of the demands by protesting Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) aspirants, who have been asking for the cancellation of the prelims held last month and for the exam to be conducted afresh.

Kishor, who joined the protesters recently, has alleged corruption in connection with government jobs in the state.

On Monday, he alleged that “thousands of crores of rupees have changed hands” for the vacant posts to be filled up through the examination conducted by the BPSC.

“My demands include cancellation of the exam and holding of fresh tests. I also seek action against corrupt officials," Kishor told reporters on Thursday.

On Monday, Kishor issued a 48-hour ultimatum to the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar-led government to resolve the issue and warned of intense protest at the end of the deadline.

“As of now, the future of our young students should be the top priority. We can play the game of politics later,” he said.

Earlier on Monday, he also asked why Nitish Kumar was “silent” when “the candidates are protesting in biting cold, braving lathi charges by the police and water cannons. The CM is away in Delhi, and having a good time. He did not utter a single word when reporters in the national capital approached him with queries on the stir.”

A delegation of protesters met Bihar Chief Secretary Amrit Lal Meena earlier on Monday . However, the protesters said they got no concrete assurance or timeline for addressing their demands.

A day earlier, police had used water cannons and resorted to lathi charge to disperse protesters who tried to break through barricades set up to stop them from going towards the Chief Minister’s residence.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.