August 19, 2026 01:09 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Devendra Fadnavis assures Saif Ali Khan's attacker will be arrested soon. Photo courtesy: Official Facebook & kareena Kapoor Instagram Page

Police have gathered clues, culprit will be arrested soon: Devendra Fadnavis on Saif Ali Khan's attacker

| @indiablooms | Jan 18, 2025, at 01:58 am

Mumbai/IBNS: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Friday said the police have gathered several clues in connection with the attack on actor Saif Ali Khan at his Bandra residence.

He assured that the culprit will be arrested soon.

Fadnavis' remarks came as at least two images of the suspect, whose face was captured on CCTVs, have surfaced.

Speaking to reporters in Nagpur, Fadnavis, who holds the home portfolio in the state, said: "Police investigation is going on....they have got many clues and I feel the police will very soon zero in (on the culprit)."

Saif Ali Khan, 54, is being treated at Mumbai's Lilavati Hospital, where he was taken by his son after the attack by an intruder in the early hours of Thursday. He suffered multiple wounds.

The actor has been moved out of the intensive care unit (ICU) and doctors have removed the sharp object.

CCTV footage from the stairs at Saif Ali Khan's home clearly showed the suspect wearing a red scarf and carrying a backpack.

The suspect scurried down the stairs from the sixth floor of 'Satguru Sharan' building, where the Khans live, at 2.30 am.

No arrest has been made so far. Over 30 teams have been formed to track and arrest the suspect.

Maharashtra Minister of State for Home (Urban) Yogesh Kadam said robbery was the motive behind the attack and added no underworld gang was involved.

Saif's son from his previous marriage, Ibrahim Ali Khan, and a caretaker reportedly took the bleeding actor to hospital. He was stabbed at around 2:30 am on the night of the incident.

The intruder threatened a housemaid to stay quiet and demanded Rs 1 crore.

The incident has raised questions about security measures in the building, as the police continue their investigation into the break-in.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.