August 19, 2026 01:03 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Sushant Singh Rajput
Image credit: Internet wallpapers

'Not a suicide but murder:' Mortuary staff claims on Sushant Singh Rajput death

| @indiablooms | Dec 27, 2022, at 02:57 am

Mumbai/IBNS: Two years after the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, a person who was present in the mortuary then has said that it was not suicide but murder triggering fresh controversy in the case.

In a new interview, mortuary worker Roopkumar Shah, who was present when the actor's body was brought in for autopsy, has said that it 'should have been videographed', the HT reported.

According to reports, he also said that there were 'beating marks' and 'injury marks' on Sushant's body.

Sushant was found dead in his Bandra home on June 14, 2020.

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) continues to probe the death of Sushant, which has been ruled as a suicide. However, no closure report has been filed in the matter so far by the agency.

In an interview with TV9 Marathi, Roopkumar said, as quoted by TV 9 Hindi, “After Sushant's death, five bodies were brought for post-mortem. We were told that there is a VIP body in it, but it was not known earlier. When I saw Sushant's body, I told the seniors that I think it is not suicide but murder."

"But I was told that you do your work and I will do mine. My job was to cut and sew the body, which I did. That entire post-mortem should have been videographed, but sir said he wanted to work on the photographs and hand over the body as soon as possible. That's how we did the post-mortem at night," he told the media.

“When the clothes were removed, there were beating marks on the body. There were injury marks at two or three places on the neck. It seemed as if the hands and legs were broken due to beating… There were deep injury marks on the body. The video shoot was to happen, but whether it happened or not… Seniors were also asked to work on the photos only. So we worked on it," he added.

Responding to the interview, Sushant's lawyer Vikas Singh told the Times of India, "I will not be able to comment on the same as the sisters have not told me about it. But I maintain that Sushant Singh Rajput's death was not a simple suicide as there was a conspiracy behind it. And only CBI will be able to unravel the conspiracy behind his death."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.