August 19, 2026 01:24 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
GoFirstAirways

'Multiple mistakes': DGCA sends notice to Go First Airways after flight takes off leaving 55 passengers on bus

| @indiablooms | Jan 11, 2023, at 01:59 am

New Delhi/IBNS: After a Go First Airways flight took off from Bengaluru with more than 50 passengers left behind in a bus on the tarmac, aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has sent notice to the airline for "multiple mistakes".

Following the incident, Go First apologised on Tuesday for what it called an "inadvertent oversight" and offered the affected passengers to compensate with one free air ticket to travel anywhere in India, within the next year.

The aviation company has also de-rostered the crew involved in the incident, said a statement.

The incident took place on Monday morning when flight G8 116 took off for Delhi from Bengaluru's Kempegowda International airport at 6.30 am. Around 55 passengers were left behind in a bus meant to take them to the plane for boarding.

The passengers were taken in four buses to the aircraft. One of these buses was apparently stopped and kept waiting even as the Go First plane took off.

The passengers had their boarding passes, and their bags were all checked in, according to complaints on Twitter tagging the airline, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's office and Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia.

The passengers were reportedly accommodated on a flight that left four hours later, at around 10 am.

The regular in its notice termed these as "multiple mistakes such as lack of proper communication, coordination, reconciliation and confirmation" which were at play and resulted in a highly avoidable situation.

Go First has been given two weeks to reply.

Many passengers slammed the airline on Twitter for a "most horrifying experience".

Responding to the tweets, Go First Airways, sought their details and said: "We regret the inconvenience caused."

Lapses by airlines have been dominating headlines in the New Year.

On Nov 26 last year, a drunk business class passenger urinated on a 70-year-old woman on an Air India flight from New York to Delhi, which came to the fore last week, causing nationwide shock and anger.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.