August 19, 2026 01:33 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
In 2019, Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan converted the leasehold status of their property. (Photo courtesy: Pooja Dadlani Instagram handle)

Maharashtra govt to refund Shah Rukh Khan Rs 9 cr for excess payment on Mannat conversion

| @indiablooms | Jan 26, 2025, at 04:58 pm

New Delhi: Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan will receive a Rs 9 crore refund from the Maharashtra government due to an error in calculating the premium for converting his Mannat bungalow to full ownership, media reports said.

The Maharashtra government has approved a Rs 9 crore refund to Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, following an overpayment made during the conversion of the lease for his iconic sea-facing bungalow, Mannat, into full ownership, reported PTI.

In 2019, Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan converted the leasehold status of their heritage property in Bandra into "class 1 complete ownership" by paying a premium to the state government, according to the report.

However, a tabulation error led to an excess payment.

Resident suburban collector Satish Bagal confirmed on Saturday that the Khans had filed an application with the revenue authority to rectify the error, reported PTI.

The application was approved earlier this week, sanctioning the refund. 

Although officials did not disclose the exact premium paid at the time, reports suggest the actor had paid more than Rs 25 crore, the report said.

The refund represents the excess amount resulting from the miscalculation.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.