August 19, 2026 01:46 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Lucknow
UNI

Lucknow building collapse: Rescue work ongoing

| @indiablooms | Jan 25, 2023, at 02:22 pm

Lucknow: Rescue work is ongoing at the site of the four storey building that collapsed in Wazir Hassan road in Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow  on Tuesday evening.

Director General of Police DS Chauhan has updated that 12 people have been rescued so far from the site of the building collapse.

"Till now 12 have been rescued, it is estimated that around 24 people were trapped inside the debris, the NDRF and SDRF have breached the accident site from three places from where rescue efforts are being made," said the DGP.

He said that JCB machines and other resources are working on the spot. 

"It's an unfortunate incident. Till now three bodies have been recovered which have been sent to the hospital. We are making all efforts to save the people alive. As of now only a guess can be made and the real picture will emerge after sometime," they said.

Initially the Deputy Chief Minister Brijesh Pathak had said that three bodies had been recovered from the rubble though later DGP DS Chauhan and Principle Secretary(Home) Sanjay Prasad claimed that no casualty has been reported so far.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has taken cognizance of the incident in which an old building collapsed. 

He has directed the officials of the district administration to take the injured to the hospital immediately for their proper treatment.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.